Salmon With Lemon-Cilantro Vinaigrette
By Jose PicayoServes 4
Hands-on Time: 15m
Total Time: 20m
- 1 10-ounce box quinoa seeds (1 1/2 cups) **(I changed this from couscous)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds), cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the salmon with the paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4. In a bowl, combine the cilantro, scallions, lemon juice, remaining oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salmon and quinoa.
Tip: To get more juice from a lemon, roll it on the counter a few times before squeezing.
Nutritional InformationCalories 556; Fat 19g; Sat Fat 3g; Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 441mg; Protein 42g; Carbohydrate 55g; Fiber 3g