Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kyoto Express



After the Pizza Hut debacle, we took a bus to the center of town hoping to get some meat. We trudged along Hillel and Shammai Streets trying to find another pizza place that, according to rumor, makes gf pizza. Sadly, we didn't find it--and opted for sushi instead. I was going to eat it plain, until the waitress offered me spicy mayo. When I asked her if it had gluten, she said yes, but then offered to get gluten-free soya. It was no extra charge, there was no bs, and no excessive explaining. I really appreciated that!

The branch that we went to is at 12 Hillel Street, Jerusalem. This is smack-dab in the center of town! Please check out their website and facebook page. I can't even begin to say how nice it is that there are sushi places where you don't have to tote around your own soy sauce and where the staff is competent enough to know what gluten is!

To find locations other locations in Beit HaKerem (Jerusalem) and Ranaana, check their website. If anyone would like me to translate for them, please just shoot me an e-mail at gfkosherchef@gmail.com or facebook me!
http://www.kyotoexpress.co.il/branch.php?act=cat

Kashrut: Rabbinate of Jerusalem. Closed on Shabbat!

No comments:

Post a Comment