Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Delicious!

Product: Lucy's Cookies- Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Kashrut: Star K- Parve with GF Certification

NOT Pesadik
Egg Free-Dairy-Free-"Allergy Free-VEGAN
Website: http://www.drlucys.com/cookies/chocolateChip


Delicious! I bought these cookies for a vegan friend of mine of a few years ago as shaloch manot--and she raved about them! I bought a pack yesterday, and they were gone in almost 20 minutes (my drive home.)
I loved these cookies--they're a win-win-win, and I think will become a favorite of mine! They have a buttery, cinammony flavor. The texture is not abnormal and these cookies don't crumble into a saw-dust like flavor in your mouth. 


Pro's: Parve, not made on dairy equipment, so appropriate for a meat meal
Con's: The cookie is hard, not soft, moist, or chewie. It was a tad difficult to bite into, but once I bit in-I really enjoyed them. 
Comparison to non-GF Product: I knew that there were some products that would be impossible to replicate when I became kosher, and even more when I became gluten-free. But, compared to other parve cookies on the market, Lucy's is definitely a winner. I remember the first time I bought Stella D'Oro cookies--I was mostly thrilled that they were parve! But, these cookies are much better and much more flavorful, not to mention GF and DF. 


Background: "When Dr. Lucy Gibney discovered her son had severe food allergies, she got down to serious business—in the kitchen. Today, Lucy’s gluten-free, allergy-friendly cookies are a delicious alternative for people with or without special dietary considerations.
With distribution in over 7,000 stores in the U.S. and Canada, including Whole Foods Market, Starbucks, Stop & Shop, Sprouts Farmers Market and many other fine retailers—Lucy’s availability provides unprecedented access to high quality, tasty treats.
And with lots of high quality and organic ingredients, a low calorie count per serving, 0mg cholesterol, 0gm trans fat and great taste, they’re appealing to customers looking for a natural, healthier diet!" -from Dr. Lucy's website (www.drlucy.com) 



No comments:

Post a Comment