Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An A+ for the boom Choco boom Rice Milk Bar from "Enjoy Life"


Product Review: Enjoy Life’s “Boom Choco Boom” Dairy-Free, Rice Milk Bar 
In "milk chocolate" and "dark chocolate"
Superior to Hershey’s!

Kashrut: CRC-Parve (http://www.crcweb.org/)
Other hekschers: Triangle-V Vegan Certification and GF-Gluten-Free Certified

My initial reaction when I first tasted the rice milk bar was, “Why is my mother trying to poison me?! There is no way this is parve!” Well, it turns out that she wasn’t trying to poison me—and the Chicago Rabbinical Council will back her up (the bar is parve), and there is a vegan hekscher.

Pros: These bars do not have any after taste and is delicious. I tried them in milk chocolate and dark chocolate and was thrilled! I didn’t feel deprived while eating them-I felt like I was eating a “regular” chocolate bar. This is definitely not an inferior bar or an inferior chocolate. Consumers won’t be able to tell that it’s a “rice milk” bar.

Cons: I’m not generally a fan of milk chocolate, but for milk-chocolate lovers who must be DF, this is a comparable alternative. A few days later I went out and tried the dark chocolate version and was hugely impressed! Bad news is that this chocolate bar isn’t super-healthy (not in comparison to other chocolate bars, but stand alone.) It has 17 grams of fat, 230 calories, 25 miligrams of sodium, 21 grams of carbohydrates.

Verdict: If I were grading this chocolate bar, it would get an A for good taste, & parve, GF, and other allergen free! This is definitely a safe food while being a delicious food.
Note About Other Allergens:
Wheat-Free
Dairy-free
Peanut-Free
Tree-nut-free,
Fish-free  & shellfish-free.
Casein-free
Potato-free
Sesame-free
Sulfite-free

No comments:

Post a Comment